1:1 Teaching Assistant
Required from: September 2021 – March 2022 (Temporary Funding)
Fixed Term: 5 x mornings including lunchtimes a week
Salary: Grade 15
The Governors are looking to appoint a highly motivated 1:1 Teaching Assistant to join our enthusiastic team of professionals. These posts are temporary to provide 1:1 support for pupil within St Joseph and St Teresa’s Catholic Primary School.
You will perform a key role in supporting the child’s learning in all its aspects. You will work directly with the pupil, prepare the resources, 1:1 curriculum delivery and work on areas of Passport to Learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a relevant Level 3 Child Care or Teaching Assistant qualification
• Confidently support quality first teaching of children alongside the class teacher
• Have good numeracy, literacy and communication skills
• Have some knowledge of different intervention programmes, for example, precision teaching and be willing to engage in further training.
• Be willing to help with self-care skills if needed.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding and well-being of children
• Be able to use ICT to support learning
Experience in working with children with specific needs/SEN, would be desirable though not essential.
You will work as a member of an established team and will contribute to the wider school community. You will also need to demonstrate the ability to work with teachers and also work independently to support pupils.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th July 2021
Interviews: To be confirmed