Intent Statement -
At St Joseph and St Teresa Catholic Primary school Physical Education (PE) is an integral part of our Curriculum that is inclusive and engages all pupils, in a supportive and challenging environment. We aspire for children to acquire, develop and refine their practical skills and techniques; to further their knowledge and understanding of PE concepts and principles and develop their overall competence, to enjoy, and excel in, a broad range of sports and physical activities.
Implement Statement -
- St Joseph and St Teresa Catholic Primary School provides challenging and enjoyable learning through a range of sporting activities including; invasion games, strike and field games, gymnastics, dance, swimming and outdoor & adventure activities.
- The long term plan set out ensures there is coverage across the national curriculum in each class.
- Children take part in one high quality PE session a week, covering one sporting discipline per half term, while also taking part in outdoor education.
- Children are also invited to take part in local sporting events within the Schools Sports Partnership, with a focus on both competition and physical development.
- A small group of Year 6 children are invited to become Sports Leaders for the school. They develop into sporting role models for the younger children, assisting with lunch-time clubs, our annual Sports day and any other Sporting activities.